The camshafts are components formed by an axis and a series of cams that have the important function of performing the precise opening/synchronization of the intake and the exhaust valves in the combustion chamber.
Benefits of RIO camshafts
- Original quality, according to the specifications of each engine design.
- They attend the most demanding machining standards.
- In gray or nodular cast iron with thermal treatments on the cams.
The camshafts are described as:
- SOHC – Installed on the cylinder head (simple control), common in the Otto cycle and some diesel generations.
- DOHC – Installed in the cylinder head (double control), common in the Otto cycle and some diesel generations.
- OHV – Installed in the block, common in the diesel line application.